The first exclusively e-commerce company, the digital grocery store Peapod was established before the Internet went online. The concept is simple – you shop online, selecting from a good variety of options, and your order is delivered to your home or business, or packaged and ready for pickup at the store, as soon as the next day. Owned by Danish retailer Royal Ahold, Peapod works with other Ahold firms, including Stop&Shop stores in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey.
- Access either Peapod’s or Stop&Shop’s website and navigate to the Peapod delivery service. Confirm that your address falls into an available Peapod delivery zone by entering your ZIP code. If you are, you’ll be prompted to select between home and business delivery.
- Create a Peapod user account on the Peapod website, or by following the link found on the Stop&Shop website. You must provide your email address, the delivery address and your billing information during the account creation process. Although you do not need to create the account before starting your first shopping session, already having the account saves time during checkout.
- Select your groceries by using the “Browse Aisles” option to shop by category, similar to the aisles in the grocery store, or the “Search” option to find specific items. The prices listed are competitive with other stores in your area, and you can save money by shopping the “Weekly Specials” and by using coupons – Peapod doubles manufacturers’ coupons up to 99 cents.
- Click the “Checkout” button to purchase your groceries. First select between delivery or in-store pickup, and then select from the the available days and times listed. You also may select the unattended delivery option in which the driver leaves your order in a secure location of your choosing. Peapod charges a delivery fee based on the total dollar value of your grocery order. You can waive part of your delivery fee by agreeing to an all-day delivery window.
- Select the desired payment option and pay for your groceries. You can pay for your Peapod grocery order using a credit card, a Visa or MasterCard debit card or Peapod gift cards. You may also use Peapod’s electronic payment method called “Peapod Direct Check,” which deducts the charge directly from your checking account.
- Make sure you are home during the designated delivery window, unless using the unattended delivery option.